Welcome to Ohel Leah Synagogue
Dear Community Members,
The Centre for Health Protection is appealing to the public to refrain from participating in unnecessary or crowded activities or gatherings, particularly religious or cross-family activities and gatherings. To support these efforts, we are making the following adjustments:
- Shabbat morning, we will only offer an abridged service. It will commence at 8:30am and conclude no later than 10:00am.
- We are suspending all children’s services and any form of Kiddush.
- There will be a space between each worshiper in the pews.
- We will minimize congregational singing.
- The Synagogue will not serve the Ritual of the Third Meal.
We appreciate that this is going beyond the requirement of the law and hope this will lower the risk of infection and prevent the virus from spreading in the community. We remind congregants that wearing a mask inside the Synagogue is required at all times.
Ohel Leah Synagogue has served Hong Kong Jewry for over a hundred years. Today we connect Jews from around the world every day of the year – especially on Shabbat. We are a place where Judaism naturally joins the rhythm of life. Whether you are visiting, single, newly married, recently relocated with your family, or have not yet had a chance to stop by, we invite you to check us out. We are a kehilla, a community, and this means we strive to be a place where everyone feels valued. We are proud of our blend of Orthodox practice in a non-judgmental environment, and we invite you to experience all this and so much more. Our inspiring sanctuary is the jewel of Hong Kong Jewry, come inside, connect to our history and you will be moved to make us the Jewish centre of your life in Hong Kong.