- About Us
- Visit Us
- Join Us
- Jewish HK
For 2016 / 5777:
Rosh HaShanna begins on Sunday night October 2nd and ends on Tuesday night October 4th. Yom Kippur begins Tuesday night October 11th and ends Wednesday night, October 12th. Please have all reservations forms returned to the office before September 16, 2016.
Please download/read this Important Letter (as a PDF) Regarding High Holiday Services 5777-2016.
High Holidays at OLS are not to be missed. We host three beautiful services: main sanctuary, Sephardic and hashkama. Our Cantor in the main sanctuary, Dr Shmuel Arnon, uplifts us with heartfelt prayer. Dr Arnon spends the year working as a neonatologist in Israel and the merit of his holy work stands before God's throne on these days of judgment and mercy. During the day time we host an additional hashkama service. A vibrant Sephardic service meets for Rosh HaShanna and Yom Kippur. This year we have the well known Rabbi Yedidya Elul will be joining us to lead our OLS / Shuva Yisrael Sephardic Services in the JCC. In addition this year Chazan Chaim Motzen will be leading our OLS Hashkama Early Service which will also be held at the JCC.
Visitors are urged to arrange tickets and a seat in advance as space in the Sanctuary fills quickly.
- Click here to download our complete 5777/2016 OLS High Holiday Booklet as a printable PDF. This Booklet contains not only the complete schedule of services but there are forms to print and fax or scan for emailing for Members and Vistors to book their High Holiday tickets for Services, reservations for meals and much more…
- Click here for the updated PDF for Sukkot, Chol Hamoel Sukkot, Hoshanah Rabbah, Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah Schedules 5777 (updated 20 October 2016) or click here to view it online.
- Click here for our 2016 Children's and Youth Services (YOLO) Booklet as a PDF – or click here for out updated online version.
There is a custom to visit the cemetery in the High Holiday period. If you wish to visit our cemetery and recite a prayer at the grave of a family member. Please click here to email the office. The Rabbi will be available for cemetery visits on Sunday September 18, and 25.
The following PDF forms once downloaded to your desktop may be filled in on your desktop and saved and emailed or printed and faxed back to us – please rename the form with your name when saving it.
- Member High Holiday Services are fully booked.
- Visitors High Holiday Services are fully booked.
- High Holiday Meal Booking Form PDF
- Sukkot – Arba’at Minim Order Form PDF
Sukkot – Meal Times & Booking Form PDF
Online fillable forms
- Member High Holiday Seating Services are fully booked.
- Visitor High Holiday Services are fully booked.
- High Holiday 1st & 2nd night Meal Booking Form
- French Dinner – 2eme soir de Roch Hachana
- Tashlich – 3, Oct 3pm - Info & Booking Form
- Yom Kippur Booking Form for your child's lunch
- Sukkot – Arba’at Minim Order Form
- Sukkot, Shabbat, Shemini Atzeret, Simchat Torah Meal Booking Form
LocationClick on the 'larger map' link below to get directions
View Ohel Leah Synagogue in a larger map
Contact us!Ohel Leah Synagogue
70 Robinson Road
Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2589 2621
Fax: (852) 2548 4200
* Monday-Thursday: 9am-6pm
* Friday & Eves of Jewish Holidays: 9am until Candlelighting
* Saturday, Jewish Holidays & Public Holidays: Closed
* Sundays: Closed