- About Us
- Visit Us
- Join Us
- Jewish HK
Rabbi Asher and Rachel Oser
Originally from Australia, Rabbi Oser was ordained at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary-Yeshiva University where he was a Wexner Graduate Fellow. Prior to ordination, he studied at Yeshivat Kol Torah in Jerusalem and Yeshivat Har Etzion in Gush Etzion. He holds a B.A. from the University of Sydney and a M.A. from McGill University. He is a doctoral candidate at Yeshiva University and is writing a dissertation on Judah David Eisenstein and the creation of Otzar Yisrael, the first modern Hebrew Encyclopedia. He has contributed articles to the Encyclopaedia Judaica.
Rabbi Oser did rabbinic internships at Manhattan’s Congregation Adereth El, Stern College for Women and Park East Synagogue. Before moving to Hong Kong he served as the Rabbi of Congregation Brothers of Joseph in Norwich, Connecticut and Congregation Beth Sholom in Providence, Rhode Island. He also worked as a chaplain intern at Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London, Connecticut where he completed his Clinical Pastoral Education.
Rabbi Oser is married to Rachel Oser who, in addition to her career as science educator, is active in the Jewish community. She organizes monthly classes for women, tutors adults in Judaism, meets with Bat Mitzvah girls, and is involved with the Hong Kong Mikvah. The Osers are blessed with four children and are proud parents at the Carmel School.
Program and Education Directors Alex & Maddy Drucker
Maddy & Alex Drucker joined us from London with their son Yishai to serve as Program & Education Directors.
After growing up in London, Alex spent 2 years in Yeshivat HaKotel in Jerusalem and then returned to London to complete an Law degree at City University, The City Law School. During his studies Alex focused on the relationship with and legal implications of the United Nations’ attitudes towards Israel. Following graduation, Alex went on to work at JFS School in London where he was Head of the Jewish Informal Education Program department where he designed, created and implemented programming for high school students. He has spent many years involved in religious education and has worked closely with organizations including Bnei Akiva, Tribe and the JNF.
Also originally from London, Maddy successfully completed a degree in Modern & Contemporary History at QMUL. Following this she spent a year in Israel as a counselor for teenage girls spending their gap year in Israel. Since returning to the UK she has been working at the Hampstead Garden Suburb Synagogue as the Community & Educational Administrator where she has had the opportunity to assist in developing exciting programming for all ages as well as co-ordinate the Bnei Mitzvah courses.
Between them they have a wealth of experience developing and running and sessions, classes, organizing and facilitating overseas trips. They look forward to becoming a part of this incredible community and offering exciting and innovative programming for all.
For details click on each OLS calendar event Here
- 27 March, 2015• Shacharit - 7.00am• Candlelighting - 6.18pm
- 28 March, 2015• Shacharit - 9.00am• Bnei Akiva - 4.50pm• Rabbi Oser will deliver a Shabbat HaGadol drasha The topic is "Start the Seder Right: No Early Kiddush on this Late Night" - 5.20pm
- 29 March, 2015• Shacharit - 8.00am• Special Items for Pesach Now on Sale Please call Susan Raymond thru the office make an appointment at 2589 2621 - 9.30am• Communal Kashering for Pesach - 12.00pm• Israel and International Law: The State of Play - by Tom Broude - 7.30pm
- 30 March, 2015• Shacharit - 7.00am• #YOLO Pesach Crafts for under 7s - 3.00pm• OLTA - Group 1 - Semester 2 - 4.30pm
- 31 March, 2015• Shacharit - 7.00am• “Surviving the Seder – All You Need to Know” - 8.00pm
- 1 April, 2015• Shacharit - 7.00am• Communal Kashering for Pesach - 12.00pm• My Weekly Portion of Fun - 4.30pm• OLTA - Group 2 - Semester 2 - 4.30pm
LocationClick on the 'larger map' link below to get directions
View Ohel Leah Synagogue in a larger map
Contact us!Ohel Leah Synagogue
70 Robinson Road
Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2589 2621
Fax: (852) 2548 4200
* Monday-Thursday: 9am-6pm
* Friday & Eves of Jewish Holidays: 9am until Candlelighting
* Saturday, Jewish Holidays & Public Holidays: Closed
* Sundays: Closed